I have used, setup, managed, networked, and broken dozens and dozens of printers over the years. Many are nothing more than a money pit, while others are just problematic no matter what drivers you use or how you set it up. But there are a few that were built for high office use and abuse, and have stood the test of time.
I am asked quite often what printers I recommend and most people don’t really care about all the technical reason, but everyone likes to know how to save money. The two choices I have listed below are not the newest most fanciest models, but printer tech hasn’t changed much in many many years, other than how you connect to your printer, i.e. WiFi, Ethernet Cable, Parallel Cable, or USB, all of which can be achieved in one way or another no matter how old your printer is.
My Favorite Color Printer:
Name: Dell 3115cn Color Multi Function Printer
URL: Refurbished From Dell Click Here
Where to buy?: Craigslist, Ebay, or Dell
- 4-in-1 Design: Combines quality color printing, faxing and scanning, with the ability to connect to a network or an individual PC.
- Fast: Prints up to 31 pages per minute in black and up to 17 pages per minute in color (actual print speeds will vary with use).
- Robust: Prints up to 60,000 pages per month (maximum duty cycle)
- High Quality: Produces professional-quality documents at up to 600 x 600 dpi (2400 image quality)
- Flexible: Features optional duplex (dual-sided) printing unit and optional second paper drawer
My Favorite Black & White:
Name: HP LaserJet 1000 Printer series.
- This series was comprised of 13 number schemes, 1000 thru 1320. Ranging from parallel port connection to USB only up-to built-in WiFi & USB connections. When searching the internet, be sure to view tech details to determine the connection type. It is unlikely you will need/want one that is parallel port/connection only, so be sure that the one you find has USB connection port.
URL: HP Tech. Details Click Here! (https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102w-printer)
Where to buy?: Craigslist, Ebay
Affordable, shared, wireless HP LaserJet printing from virtually anywhere in the home or office. The most energy-efficient laser printer on the planet helps you save money and resources.
Connectivity – Cord, USB, Wifi Connectivity, Wired
Depth – 9.4 in
Features – Drivers Included, Print Server, Wireless, Workgroup
Height – 7.7 in
Max. Resolution (B&W) – 1,200 DPI
AirPrint Enabled – Yes
Image Enhancement Technology – HP FastRes 1200
First Print Out Time B/W – 8.5 sec
Processor – 266 MHz
Media Weight – 60 g/m² – 163 g/m²
Monthly Duty Cycle (max) – 5000 pages
Recommended Monthly Volume – 250 – 1500 pages
Miscellaneous – Compatible with Windows 7 “Compatible with Windows 7” software and devices carry Microsoft’s assurance that these products have passed tests for compatibility and reliability with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7.
Power Device – Power supply – internal
Software Included – Drivers & Utilities
Min Operating Temperature – 59 °F
Humidity Range Operating – 10 – 80%
Width – 13.7 in
Width (Shipping) – 15.7 in